AutoSlide adds MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) ramps for incoming MIDI notes. Quickly edit the slide shape, direction and scale in the graph, and then use the Mod Matrix to enable deeper variation in your slides. The Chance control lets you choose how often a slide is generated, and the Merge control lets you use the slide to block, add, or subtract from incoming MPE data. AutoSlide is fast, deep and flexible enough you'll reach for it again and again.
MPE allows different notes played to have independent MIDI CC and Pitch Bend controls. AutoSlide makes MPE magic quickly accessible to all Live 11 users, even without pricey hardware.
Live's three standard MPE controls: Pitch, Pressure, and Slide are easily controlled in AutoSlide. Or you can use the MIDI CC of your choosing to work with 3rd-party plugins which handle note-per-channel control data differently.
With AutoSlide you can make subtle timbre shifts to ear-bending swarms to wild drum-synth-like envelopes, all with the possibility of deeper variation and transformation through the powerful built-in modulation matrix.
Take control using an adaptive control layout for Push.
- Ableton: MPE in Live 11
- Ableton: MPE Zone Configuration for Multi-Channel Plugins
- AutoSlide Concepts
- My Take of Getting Started with MPE in Ableton
- The manual for any VST/AU plugin you are using with MPE / Multi-Channel MIDI.
- Ableton: Using third-party packs
Live 11 is required. Max 8.2.1 is also required (included automatically in Live 11.1 and higher).
Live 11.2+ is required for the Pack (.alp) installer and Presets (.adv), as these filetypes are not backwards compatible.
Not all Max for Live Devices or 3rd party plugIns currently support MPE, but many do. As of Live 11.3, Wavetable, Sampler, Analog, Collision, Electric, and Tension all support MPE! Please see MPE in Live 11.
AutoSlide is developed, maniacally polished and tested by a former Apple engineer. Your satisfaction is truly important to me, so if you have issues or ways to improve anything I release, please reach out!
If you like AutoSlide, please let others know and leave a positive rating! It really is the best motivation to keep developing high-quality niche tools.
You can check version by hovering over the ZL icon:
- Date: 2023-02-03
- Now bundled as a Pack (.alp) file with a Demo set and 30 presets for AutoSlide, Wavetable and some Racks.
- Initial values are now calculated and sent prior to Note-On. This makes cleaner attacks, especially when used in Add/Sub Merge mode and inside MIDI Effect Racks.
- When Add/Sub Merge was used with CC controls other than Slide, if there was no incoming data we weren't resetting the offset to 0.
- Prevent hanging notes if notes are held and user changes Vcs count during playback.
- Date: 2023-01-24
- Fixed issue with playback of S-style curves after re-opening a Live set or loading a .adv preset.
- Automation-state dots appear as expected over Mod Matrix dials, Curve, and Direction buttons (critical supporting file was missing from the initial release).
- Fix a console error about matrix configuration on load of the device.
- Set minimum_max_version flag to 8.2.1 due to Live theme / color compatibility.
- Date: 2023-01-16
1 Ableton Pack (.alp) installer with AutoSlide.amxd, presets for AutoSlide and Wavetable, plus a Demo set.